Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Year, New Goals

I’m not sure ultimately if my blogging will be anything anyone wants to read or view but I still feel the need to have one to share with my extended family.  Growing up in a small immediate family I have always wanted to have my own large family.  Lots of children, whether I delivered, adopted, or fostered.  Well I got part of my wish or goal of having a large family when I married my husband.  My husband, in my eyes is the most wonderful man in the world, and also the second to youngest of seven.  Josh and 3 others are married with children and 3 are not.  The Roy Family alone is our very own Brady Bunch.  I consider all of my in-laws my immediate brothers and sisters.  Josh and I currently have one child, Braydon who is two years old, and have custody of our niece, Chloe who is a year old.  For now our Brady Bunch will have to be put on hold until after Josh finishes Law School. 

Josh currently is in 4 semester of Law School and has continued to be number 1 of his class from first semester.  We are all so proud him.  We have the current 4th semester and another full year ahead of us and then we will be done.  Josh works for Maughan Law Firm and loves it.  He loves the day by day challenges, the people he works for, and ultimately he is learning a lot.  I work for the LSU Police Department doing all the Criminal Records and couldn’t be happier.  I also work with some amazing people.

I have been outlining and reviewing my personal goals and my families’ goals for the 2011 year.  I am very excited for what will be going this year.  I hope to complete all of my personal and families goals.  Here is the outline so far.  I have many more exciting things going on this year and will post them later.

Personal:
Read through the Book of Mormon in a year
Eat well and get physically fit
Blog regularly
Complete my 3.18 mile Run/Obstacle Course

Marriage:
Read scriptures and prayer every night
Once-a-month date night
Once a year marriage "retreats"
Flirt every day!
Be more in love than ever!


Children:
Once-a-month outing with Braydon by himself
Play as a family at least two times a week
Read together everyday
Go to library story time
Go on at least one "field trip" a month
Take more pictures and videos
Have FHE every week

Ministry/Friendships/Family:
Have at least one family over for dinner each month
Be more involved in ministry/service opportunities
Get together with both sides of extended family at least once-a-month
Write a least one letter to all of my family and friends serving missions and serving in the U.S. Military

Financial:
Continue to be full tithe payers
Become more coupon savvy

2 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, I LOVE YOA'LL! and I MISS YA'LL!! Thats all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how's the couponing going? I've never really done coupons before. It's a good reminder to read over these goals - thanks for the inspiration Chels!

    ReplyDelete